The home of U.S & U.K bestselling true story, Keepers of the Gateway to Hell.


Amazon U.S - Amazon U.K


Sunday 14 August 2011

My Ten Favourite Parachute Jumps

Was talking about this with a few of my mates and decided to put it up here. These are my ten favourite parachute jumps.
 
 
 
1.My first balloon jump on my course.Id never flown before and that was the highest Id been. Scared the shit out of me.
 
 
2 My eleventh jump since becoming a Para was into Ginkle heath for the 1970 anniversary drop with 10 Para.I was one of the youngest soldiers on the drop. Fantastic.
 
 
3 1971 jumping with 21 and 23 SAS in to Belgium as saboteurs to test their cold war defenses. First time Id jumped at night into snow.
 
 
4 1977 My first foreign Parachute course with the German 272 Falschirmjager battalion. Great time.
 
 
5/ 1979 Jumping at Fort Brag with the 82nd Airborne. First time I jumped a jet. C-141 Starlifter was one hell of a buzz.
 
 
 
6 1996 Jumping with the Estonian Special Forces. Russian drogue system only opens the pilot chute and its cross between free fall and static line. Strange system but good fun.
 
 
 
7 2000 Jumping into the Merville gun battery as part of the Normandy anniversary events.No Dz.Just jumped over the battery just like WW2.What a buzz.
 
 
 
8 2002 Jumping into Driel, the Polish DZ at Arnhem. First time round parachutes had landed their since 1944.What an honour.
 
 
 
9 2004 Jumping onto the DZ next to the John Frost bridge,Arnhem to prove they could have jumped there in 1944. Another honour not lost on any of us.
 
 
 
10 Dropping onto Sannerville DZ Normandy. First time that had been done since 1944. Another great honour for us.
 
 
What is your favourite Jump?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment